Eco Hedgehog Hole Plate
- Making sure hedgehogs can pass freely through your garden is one of the most important things you can do to help them.
- Encouraging them into your garden also helps you: they are voracious feeders on slugs and snails.
- Making a small gap in your garden fence will ensure that hedgehogs can move through your garden to find enough food and a mate.
- Our Eco Hedgehog Hole Plates are cut just the right size for hedgehogs and made from 100% recycled plastic.
- Fix the Eco Hedgehog Hole Plate around the hole you’ve made to ensure its not blocked accidentally and leave it looking neat and tidy.
£4.15 excl. VAT £4.98 inc. VAT
Hedgehog numbers have declined dramatically in recent years. Current research suggests that one of the reasons hedgehogs have been declining is because fences are becoming harder for hedgehogs to pass through, reducing the area of land available to them. Each night hedgehogs can travel up to a mile in their search for enough food and a mate.
If your garden is enclosed with a fence etc. then hedgehogs may not be able to move through and forage in your garden. You can give them a helping hand by making holes in or under garden fences and walls to enable them to pass through.
A hole 13cm by 13cm is the right size for a hedgehog to pass through but too small for most pets. One you’ve made your hole or holes around the garden, our Eco Hedgehog Hole Plates can be fixed to the fence or wall surrounding the hole to remind you it’s there and ensure it doesn’t get accidentally blocked. They are an attractive way of tidying the gap and covering any rough edges created when making the hole.
The Eco Hedgehog Hole Plate is made from 100% recycled plastic. This is mostly derived from plastic waste which is collected from farms across the UK. This is then reprocessed into sheets from which we cut the hedgehog hole. The plastic hedgehog hole is UV stabilised so will not rot or degrade and will probably outlast any wooden fences. The eco hedgehog hole has 6 screw holes, 3 along each side for fixing to your fence or wall and additional holes can easily be made in the plastic if needed.
|Product||Eco Hedgehog Hole Plate|
|Materials||Low Density Polyethylene board manufactured using 100% recycled waste plastic|
|Dimensions||Overall height: 26cm, Overall width: 23cm,|
|Entrance Hole||13cm x 13cm|